Two Children?!?
Last night was one of those nights that makes me question the sanity of having 2 children under the age of 5. Maija was up most of the night crying and whining, and I coudn't figure out what was wrong or how to get her to sleep.
Finally, at around 3:30am, Kent suggested trying Tylenol (for Maija, although it would've helped me too). A few minutes later she was asleep. You'd think that as the mommy, I would've thought of trying that, but I was so fixated on getting her to calm down that I wasn't thinking, "Hmmm..maybe there's a reason she won't sleep!"
Since we're now expecting another baby, I can't help but wonder how we'll get through nights where the new baby is up to eat every few hours, and Maija is waking up for her own reasons. Yikes!!! Will I ever sleep again? It amazes me how much and how deeply I used to sleep once upon a time. Those were the days!
Pregnancy-wise all is going well. I still haven't thrown up (knock on wood, cross your fingers, etc. etc.) I'm amazed at how much easier pregnancy is when you're not having health problems. No wonder other pregnant ladies were able to get so much done, while I sat around puking and recovering from surgery with Maija. Sometimes I still can't believe how much we went through to get Maija here.
Finally, at around 3:30am, Kent suggested trying Tylenol (for Maija, although it would've helped me too). A few minutes later she was asleep. You'd think that as the mommy, I would've thought of trying that, but I was so fixated on getting her to calm down that I wasn't thinking, "Hmmm..maybe there's a reason she won't sleep!"
Since we're now expecting another baby, I can't help but wonder how we'll get through nights where the new baby is up to eat every few hours, and Maija is waking up for her own reasons. Yikes!!! Will I ever sleep again? It amazes me how much and how deeply I used to sleep once upon a time. Those were the days!
Pregnancy-wise all is going well. I still haven't thrown up (knock on wood, cross your fingers, etc. etc.) I'm amazed at how much easier pregnancy is when you're not having health problems. No wonder other pregnant ladies were able to get so much done, while I sat around puking and recovering from surgery with Maija. Sometimes I still can't believe how much we went through to get Maija here.


1 Comments:
You know what they say-- You sometimes don't know what you can do until you do it. Well, if "they" don't say that, they should!
I'm going to add your blog's RSS feed to My Yahoo so it'll notify me everytime you update. FUN!
Hang in there!
Post a Comment
<< Home